1 lucky student will win a VIZIO
Home Theater Prize Package:
Grand prize winner will also have an opportunity to take part in a "Give Back" program with their local Boys & Girls Club.
The 11 runner-up
students will win:
VIZIO® BACK-TO-SCHOOL SUCCESS CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
INTERNET ACCESS AND A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER.
**WINNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TAXES**
Participation in the VIZIO® Back-To-School Success Contest (the “Contest”) constitutes your agreement to be bound by these VIZIO® Back-To-School Success Contest Official Rules (the “Official Rules”).
1. Contest Period. The Contest commences at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 28, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on August 27, 2014 (“Contest Period”). All Contest entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on August 18, 2014. Entries submitted past the expiration of the Contest Period will not be accepted and will be destroyed. Voting on the top 12 Entries takes place between August 19, 2014 and August 27, 2014, with the winners announced on or about August 28, 2014.
2. Sponsor/ Administrator. The Contest is sponsored by VIZIO, Inc. (“Sponsor”). The Contest is administrated by Sponsor and The Brandmovers, Inc. (“Administrator”).
3. Eligibility. Participation is open only to living individual legal residents of the fifty (50) States of the United States and the District of Columbia and who are at least 18 years of age or older (except residents of Alabama and Nebraska who must be 19 years of age or older, and residents of Mississippi who must be 21 years of age or older) as of the commencement of the Contest Period. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, AND OUTSIDE THE U.S., AND WHERE PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED BY LAW.
Eligibility does not include: Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and Administrator and their respective subsidiaries, members, affiliates, advertising, promotion and web design agencies, and their respective affiliates, assigns or representatives; and any other individuals or entities associated with the development, administration, promotion, advertising, execution of, or supply to this Contest (collectively, “Contest Entities”); and family members or persons living in the same household as such individuals, whether related or not, are not eligible to participate or win. Participation in this Contest constitutes your agreement to be bound by these Official Rules.
4. How to Enter. To enter the Contest: a) visit the VIZIO website at www.VIZIO.com/BackToSchool during the Contest Period and click on the “ENTER NOW” button. Complete and submit the “VIZIO Back-To-School Success Contest” entry form by filling out your name, e-mail address, birthdate, zip code; then b) submit a video that is no longer than two minutes in duration or photo via the entry form with an accompanying caption (not to exceed 1,000 characters in length) explaining your story of determination to go to college; and c) electronically agree and accept these Official Rules and click the “SUBMIT” button; (collectively, “Entry”). For any Entry that does not meet the above specifications, such as being too long in duration or too many characters for a story or caption, such Entry may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Members of VIZIO Fandemonium will receive 5,000 Fandemonium Points for their submission of an Entry in the Contest and 50 Fandemonium Points for voting in the Contest (per calendar day).
There is a limit of a total of one (1) Entry per person/email address for the duration of the Contest Period. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any participant who attempts to participate with multiple e-mail and/or street addresses, under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times in violation of applicable Entry limitations may be disqualified. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar Entry methods or agents will void all Entries made by, or associated with, the applicable participant. In the event of a dispute over who submitted an Entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail account provided in connection with the Entry, as of the actual time of Entry, will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, education, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an entrant, Sponsor may require that the potential winner provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address and/or password associated with the Entry.
Proof of submission of an Entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Contest. Once submitted, Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. With submission of Entry, the participant will receive promotional or marketing-related emails from Sponsor. The participant may opt out of receiving marketing communications from Sponsor by unsubscribing using the link on any email received from Sponsor, or by replying to an email received from Sponsor and putting the word “unsubscribe” in the subject or body of the email. By entering the Contest, each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator in connection with the Contest, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all of the requirements in these Official Rules.
5. Submission License & Guidelines. All submissions are licensed to Sponsor, who may reprint, display, reproduce or otherwise exploit the Entry in whole or in part, in any manner and in any and all media. All participants acknowledge and agree that submission of the Entry, with a video or photo and caption as applicable, grants Sponsor and its agents the unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license and right to publish, use, edit, modify, adapt, make derivative works and/or otherwise use the submission in any manner, including copyright, the Entry in whole or in part in any way, in any and all media now known or hereafter developed, without consideration to the participant, except where prohibited by law. Further, to the extent that the participant may have moral rights in the Entry submitted, he/she hereby waives all such moral rights in favor of Sponsor.
Submission Guidelines. By submitting the Entry (video or photo and caption as applicable) in the Contest, you hereby warrant and represent that your Entry conforms to the Submission Guidelines set forth herein. Along with any other requirements, characteristics, formats and specifications that apply to the Entry, each Entry must comply with the following, as applicable: (a) all videos cannot exceed any duration limits; and (b) photo captions or stories cannot exceed character length limits; as each requirement is specified in these Official Rules. The Entry must not do any of the following:
• cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
• cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
• cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies;
• other than Sponsor’s trademark and brand, cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind including, but not limited to clothing or food/ drinks with visible brand names or logos without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
• cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies, music, or other media) without permission;
• cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission (if a minor is featured in the photo or video, permission must be obtained from the person's parent/legal guardian);
• cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and
• cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law; and any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable, or offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
ENTRIES POSTED TO THE WEBSITE MIGHT OR MIGHT NOT BE EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to participants. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Contest Entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the Contest Period, to request that any participant resubmit his or her Entry which fails to comply with the Contest requirements prior to any judging/ voting period.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, will not place Sponsor under any obligation, and that Sponsor is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone and may otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not, monitor or screen Entries prior to posting them to its website. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry (including any video, photo or story) you submit. Participants’ names and/or Facebook username/account names may be published with the Entry submission.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ALL PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR'S WEBSITE, IN SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION. Submission of an Entry grants Sponsor and its agents an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license and right to publish, use, publicly perform the Entry in any way, in any and all media now known or hereafter developed, without limitation, and without consideration to the participant. By submitting an Entry, the participant consents to the Sponsor and its agents doing (or omitting to do) any acts which may otherwise constitute an infringement of the participant’s moral rights.
By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not won previous awards, (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, (e) that you have obtained permission from any person(s) whose name(s) or likeness(es) are used in the Entry, (f) and that publication of the Entry via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on any third party rights. Any such participant will indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from any claims to the contrary to the above representations. Any participant whose Entry includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the participant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such video or photo, in a form satisfactory to Sponsor, upon request, prior to award of the prizes and/or naming of a participant as a potential winner.
By accepting a prize, winners agree that his/her Entry is licensed to Sponsor under the Copyright laws of the United States, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Any prize winner hereby waives in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that the prize winner may now or later have to their Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify the winning Entry, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Sponsor, prize winners shall execute and deliver an additional license agreement, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the rights to use the Entry and of the copyrights licensed and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived/consented to under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request such license agreement as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor's rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the license grant.
6. Voting Phase. Sponsor and Administrator shall select the top 12 Entries based on the Judging Criteria set forth in Section 8 below.
Thereafter, VIZIO Fandemonium Members and the public will be invited to vote (the “Fans Vote”) for the number one Entry of the 12 top Entries that they believe best demonstrates why the participant should be the winner. VIZIO Fandemonium Members and the public can visit online at https://vizio.com/backtoschool and follow the instructions to vote. Voting will earn VIZIO Fandemonium Members 50 points in accordance with the Fan Zone Terms of Service. VIZIO Fandemonium Members and the public must select the Entry they wish to vote for. Voting Limit: Only one (1) vote per person, per Entry (e.g., video or photo), per calendar day is allowed during the Voting Phase. Any persons voting may not share the same email address. Any attempt by anyone to submit more than the stated number of votes by using multiple/different email addresses will void all their votes and he or she will be disqualified from further participation in the Contest.
7. Prize Winners Selection. After the judging and voting phases, on or about August 27, 2014, one grand prize winner and eleven (11) runner-up prize winners (“Prize Winners”) will be selected from among the top 12 Entries after the Contest Period and will based on the number of votes received, with the highest number of votes being the grand prize winner and the next 11 highest votes being the runner-up winners.
8. Entries & Judging Criteria. All Entries submitted by participants, who based on initial review appear to satisfy the eligibility requirements, will be judged during the Contest Period, and may be posted to the Website during the Contest Period. The top 12 Entries will be selected by Sponsor and Administrator from among all eligible Entries received as narrowed down to the top 12 Entries as described in Sections 6 and 7 above. The top 12 Entries will be selected by Sponsor and Administrator based on the following judging criteria:
• Determination – obstacles overcome to go to college (25%),
• Narrative – ability to convey the story (25%),
• Uniqueness (25%), and
• Creativity of the Entry (25%).
Sponsor and Administrator shall select the twelve (12) highest scoring Entries. The judging of Entries will be conducted under the supervision of representatives of Sponsor and Administrator whose decisions are final and binding in all respects relating to the selection of the Prize Winners. Limit one (1) prize per person/household. In the event of a tie, the tied participants will be re-judged by an additional judge from Sponsor or Administrator who will serve as a tie-breaker using the same criteria as outlined herein. The top scoring eligible 12 Entries will then be voted on during the voting phase, with the top 12 Entry that receives the highest votes deemed the Grand Prize Winner, with the next top 11 Entries being deemed Runner-Up Prize Winners. Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions on all matters relating to this Contest are final and binding in all respects pertaining to this Contest.
9. Prizes. Grand Prize Winner: one Grand Prize Winner will receive (a) VIZIO E-Series 40” Class Full-Array LED Smart TV, model number E400I-B2 (with an Approximate Retail Value [“ARV”] of $399.99); (b) one VIZIO 21” 2.1 Home Theater Sound Stand, model number S2121w-D0 (ARV: $249.99); (c) one (1) VIZIO tuition credit of $1,000 (ARV: $1,000.00), (d) one (1) textbook credit of $1,000.00 (ARV: $1,000.00), and (e) a 12-month Spotify Premium Subscription (ARV: $119.98), all of the above is the “Grand Prize”. Total ARV of the Grand Prize is approximately $2,769.96.
• 11 Runner-Up Prize Winners will receive one (1) $100 for school supplies and a 6-month Spotify Premium Subscription (ARV: $59.94) each. Each individual “Runner-Up Prize” has a total ARV of $159.94 (for tax purposes). The total of all 11 Runner-Up Prizes is $1,759.34. The foregoing are all collectively the “Prizes”.
Total ARV of the Grand Prize and all Prizes is approximately $4,529.30. The Grand Prize Winner and Runner-Up Prize Winners are the “Prize Winner(s)”. The ARV of the Prizes, especially retail prices of electronic devices, may fluctuate and change between the date of commencement of the Contest and the date that the prize is awarded or redeemed. Prize Winners will not receive the difference between actual and approximate retail values. Representatives of Sponsor will arrange to ship any tangible Prizes to the Prize Winners after the Prize Winners have been announced, and the Prize Winners shall ensure that his/her residence is accessible for the delivery to a physical address (PO Boxes not acceptable, signature required) of such Prizes based on a confirmed date between Sponsor and the Prize Winners.
Prizes may not be assigned, transferred, changed or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason.
The Prize Winners shall be solely responsible for all (i) federal, state, provincial and/or local taxes, and (ii) other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of each Prize. The Prize Winners will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with his or her social security number or the equivalent for receipt of each Prize. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the Prize. The Prize value will be reported to the IRS and the California Franchise Tax Board by Sponsor. The prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
10. Winner Notification. The Prize Winners will be notified by e-mail and/or phone on or about the dates listed in Section 7. If a Prize Winner notification is returned as undeliverable or a Prize Winner cannot be reached, a potential Prize Winner is ineligible, or a Prize Winner declines the Prize, the Prize will be awarded to the next highest scoring Entry as determined by Sponsor and Administrator. Prize Winners are subject to verification, including verification of age. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of participants. P.O. Boxes are not acceptable as mailing addresses. Awarding of Prize is subject to verification of each Prize Winners’ eligibility and full compliance with these Official Rules.
As a condition of accepting the Prize, the Prize Winners must respond to Sponsor’s notification of winning within 24 hours from the time of notification, and must: 1) execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Publicity Release document within two (2) business day(s) from a Prize Winner’s written confirmation of winning; and 2) provide Sponsor with his/her social security number and a copy of a valid government issued photo identification along with the above Affidavit document. Failure to sign and return the Affidavit will result in forfeiture of the Prize. Failure to return all required documents in this time period may result in the potential winner being disqualified and an alternate winner being selected. Any unclaimed and/unused portion of a Prize or prize package will be forfeited and will not be substituted, nor will there be any refund for any unclaimed and/or unused portion of a Prize.
11. General: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
A. Contest Cancellation: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest, or any portion thereof, should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, integrity or security of the Contest (including but not limited to attempts to hack into or otherwise tamper with underlying source code/programming). The Contest Entities and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, officers, directors, partners, principals, partnerships, employees or agents are not responsible for hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, traffic congestion on the Internet, lost network connections, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by technical or human error that may occur and/or that may damage a user's system or limit an participant’s ability to participate and/or redeem a Prize in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Contest, violates these Official Rules, or otherwise engages in fraudulent or offensive conduct with respect to this Contest.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANTS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
B. Waiver: Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Should any provision of these Official Rules be deemed unenforceable or invalid, the other provisions of these Official Rules shall remain in full force and effect. In the event that this Contest is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority (including but not limited to any federal or provincial or state governmental authority), Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Contest, as applicable, or to disqualify any participants residing in any affected geographic areas, as applicable. In such event, Sponsor shall have no liability to any participants who are disqualified due to such an action.
D. Publicity: Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited), for Sponsor, Administrator and its designees to use a Prize Winner’s name, voice, image, likeness, photographs, statements, biographical information and any other personal characteristics, in any and all media now or hereafter known, for any purpose, including without limitation marketing, promotional and/or publicity purposes, without additional compensation to the Prize Winner. Upon request, the Prize Winners must be available for interviews and photos, on dates and times to be decided by Sponsor, for release in national and regional television, newspapers, magazines, and VIZIO marketing and promotional materials in all mediums including but not limited to vizio.com.
E. Release of Liability: By participating, all participants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any and all liabilities, claims, judgments, injuries, damages, expenses, or losses whatsoever, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of a prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
F. Third Party Terms and Conditions: The Prizes may be subject to additional terms, conditions and restrictions of third party providers, including but not limited to access to the Internet. You acknowledge and agree that Sponsor will not be responsible for any agreement between you and such third party providers or any content, applications or software provided by such third parties.
G. California Law: Except where prohibited, by participating each participant agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor and its agents shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Contest, each participant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or awarding of the prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
12. Request for Winner List and Official Rules: For Official Rules and/or the Winner List, check VIZIO’s Facebook page after the Contest Period or send a self-addressed stamped envelope by August 22, 2014 to: VIZIO Back-To-School Success Contest, 39 Tesla, Irvine, CA 92618, USA. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage on rules requests. Winner List will be available after August 28, 2014.
13. Sponsor: VIZIO, Inc., 39 Tesla, Irvine, CA 92618. Spotify is not a sponsor of this Contest. This Contest is also in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or Instagram or any other entity to which the Contest or its prizes are related.
© 2014 VIZIO, Inc. The V, VIZIO and all names, logos and phrases are registered or unregistered trademarks of VIZIO, Inc. All other marks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.